Friday, November 7, 2008

She can put herself to sleep!!!

This morning, Callie was really fussy, so I layed her on her tummy on a blanket on our bed to play while I was switching some laundry around. In about 2 minutes, she was asleep. (Thinking it was a fluke) I went ahead and finished what I was doing. She was still sleeping, so I went ahead and got myself ready to leave. (Visit to the chiropractor - yay!) She was STILL SLEEPING half an hour later, so I picked her up to put her in her carseat to leave. My wonderful baby did not wake up - not for the transition to the carseat, not when I put her in the car, not when we walked into the chirpractic office. In fact, I had a 10 minute treatment and was about halfway through the second one when she finally stirred.

This may be the soundest sleeping since the End of the Milk Coma.

I put her in her crib (slightly awake, full belly, clean diaper) about 20 minutes ago for her afternoon nap and haven't heard anything out of her... (yes, she's asleep. I present as evidence the photo at the top of this post)
So I ask you experienced mamas: Do babies sleep more soundly if they put themselves to sleep?

No comments: