Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Rollercoaster Day of Firsts

Callie had her 2 month check-up today.

She's 10 lbs, 12 ozs, and 23 inches long. 50th percentile for both.

She also had vaccines. Four of them. One that she drank, the other three were shots. Smart Dr Simon made ME feed her the one that she drank (and spit half of it out) and the "girls" give her the actual shots. Callie cried a very heartbreaking New Cry, but seemed to calm down. (I gave her some Tylenol 30 minutes before we went.)
We got home, nursed, and conked out.

After about an hour, I could hear her on the moniter, fussing a little. I waited for a minute, because she usually puts herself back to sleep. Then, her fussing started to sound like playing, so I went to investigate.

My baby girl had ROLLED OVER and was laying on her back, just kicking and cooing and playing away!

So, we got up, played a little, ate some more, fell back asleep.

This is the point that, were I a Good Mom, I would have given her more Tylenol.

She woke up again at 3:30. Not slowly, like normal, this was all of a sudden and she had a Whole New Cry/Scream. She was inconsolable for a good 25 or 30 minutes, before I managed to get another dose of Tylenol into her. She then cried/screamed/sobbed for the longest 15 minutes of my whole life before she settled enough to nurse. (Is there anything more heartbreaking than a baby screaming as if in pain while nursing?)

She's asleep now, just a little sob every now and then, eyes squeezed shut and hanging on to my shirt for dear life.

I think that I don't like Shots Day.
Except that my baby rolled over all by herself. Let's end on that. :)

No comments: