Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Soooooo...

Ok, so we (I) weren't "inclined to induce". Now, we (I) are. Actually, Wes has had it on the brain for a while and was confused as to why I didn't, but was keeping his mouth shut and waiting for me to see the light on my own.
Basically, the way our hospital works, if I go into labor during office hours or schedule either a C-section or an induction, I get my doctor. If I go into labor outside of office hours, I get whoever is on call. My doctor, who I LOVE, shares call with 4 other doctors, who I don't love - in varying degrees ranging from "don't know anything at all about him" to "actively don't like, don't trust, besides, he gives me the heepie-jeebies".
My Dr also pointed out that a night delivery had a disadvantage over a day delivery in that, should something go wrong, we were looking at needing to assemble a surgical team, which would mean maybe 20 minutes to get her out, vs 5 in the daytime.

So, there are our two Big Reasons Why We Decided to Induce. Tomorrow. Ta-Da!

We're having a baby tomorrow. Pinch me.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Godspeed, Moore Mama. You will be in my prayers, so report back soon!