Friday, April 16, 2010

In case you're interested...

I'm pretty sure that Little Sister dropped on Tuesday evening and is now engaged. I felt something odd, and she's still wiggly, but is a couple of inches lower and not doing somersaults anymore.

Out of curiosity, yesterday, I wrote down contractions and length and they were pretty regularly 10-11 minutes apart and 2-3 minutes in length.

Husband thought I was going to go into labor last night because we had a cold front coming in and storms predicted for the whole weekend. As of yet, I have (obviously) not. Besides, I have a garage sale PLANNED for tomorrow. As long as it stops raining. :)

7 comments:

Dawn said...

LOL

I love that cold front prediction. Moo.

Anonymous said...

the best theory I ever heard is that your body knows you have a toddler to look after so it does the work bit by bit. subsequent babies give you more prodromal labor over the course of days or weeks so that when you are in activ labor, bing bang boom, you're done! You can't afford to be in labor for 12, 20, 30 hours when you have a big sister waiting for her little sister!!! Think of that when you're having prodomal labor to give yourself peice of mind. <3

MooreMama said...

So what you're saying, Courtney, is that I'm going to be "in labor" for days and days, but only IN LABOR for a little while?

And what you're saying, Gauntlets, is "moo"?

Anonymous said...

well, that makes it sound much worse then it really is! I had prodromal labor and if I knew in hindsight that that's what it was I would've relaxed and busied myself during them instead of obsessing, timing, and doing nipple stimulation deperately trying to keep them going once they tapered off. I've also researched that if the baby isn't in an optimal position proddromal labor is your body's way of helping the baby to turn face down and tuck her chin.

Untamed Shrew said...

I was honestly in labor with my second for 3-4 weeks. But the birth was far easier than the first.

That's so cool you can tell she's dropped! I always ahd people tell me I looked "lower" and I'd shrug and say "whatev."

MooreMama said...

Shrew (can I use your name, or do you have to be Shrew in the interest of anonymity?) - It was a crazy feeling, and the only thing that I can think of to compare it to was the feeling when my water broke with Callie. I looked at Wes and said "I bet she just engaged..."

Untamed Shrew said...

Oh, you can call me Joy. If I ever get a blog, it'll probably be "The Lady Doth Protest". I'm quarrelsome and I admit it, so my husband thought the shrew was a good name.