Monday, March 7, 2011

Forgiveness

Last weekend, I was wronged by someone.  I don't know if it was done maliciously or mistakenly, but I was l i v i d.  And I thought ugly thoughts about her for three days.  I doubted the World.  I doubted myself.  I doubted her.  And I became the ugliness.  The wrong isn't important, and the why isn't important.  What is important is that it was taking over my head and my heart.

So I forgave her.  I offered it with my whole heart and I meant it.  She didn't accept it.  In fact, she attempted to "retaliate".  To forgiveness.  Right.  But you know what's really really cool?  It doesn't matter.  I'm not angry and I don't feel ugly inside any more.

"If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you." Matthew 6:14

Update:  3/10:  I spent Wednesday morning being smacked in the face with the fact that I was not a totally innocent party in the doing of wrongs.  And I probably didn't give enough credit to the person that wronged me as far as her non-acceptance of my forgiveness.  I think it was just a much bigger deal to me than it was to her.  Or something.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm glad you got better. :) I keep trying to get better, but I'm not very good at it. :P

MooreMama said...

I wouldn't say that I'm all the way fixed, Friend, not by a long shot. But at least I don't have someone else's crap weighing me down.

Untamed Shrew said...

I forgive people (I think), but that doesn't mean I trust them anymore. There's that old Native American proverb: If your brother strikes you, it is his fault. If he strikes you again, it is your fault.