Friday, February 25, 2011

Fun In The Car

 Because Kansas is booooooooooooring, and I'd already bothered spent all of a certain Shrew's productive hours on the phone, I decided to entertain myself while I drove across the prairie.
Please excuse the very speck-y whateverthatthing'scalled.  Yes, it's dirty, but so is my camera lens...
This picture is to illustrate my loaves-and-fishes style gas.  Normally, I get about 230 miles to a full tank.  I think I got to 255 before the needle moved off of the half marker, but that picture was blurry, so you'll just have to believe me.

Mulit-tasking.  If you need an explination, it would probably make you blush.

After approximately 5 hours of driving straight North, I get to turn Left!

What do Christina Agulara, Air Supply, George Jones, Bon Jovi, and some newer teeney-bopper artists that I didn't recognise have in common?  This radio station.  It was easily the most eclectic station I have ever heard.

Destination: Small Town, Nebraska, where I had a lovely time with lots of lovely people. 
Then, I drove home.
What was advertised as "winter weather" started off like this: 
Then turned into this:
Then this: 
Then, about 5 hours of this:


Which turned to freezing rain, then just rain, then, about the time I got to Oklahoma, it was dry and just cold and windy.
This picture is as I was coming up on my town. 

Home again home again, jiggety jig.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I blame Kansas. Freaking Kansas.

MooreMama said...

Totally. If Kansas didn't exist, it would be a swelley, almost-perfect world and I would make this trip all.the.time.

Ewe said...

My grandma and grandpa are actually from that small town that you went to. I e-mailed Gauntlets and told her that a long time ago. My grandma subscribed to her hometown newspaper until the day she died. We've been there several times to visit relatives, but not recently. I'm glad you got to visit and see them.

MooreMama said...

The Gauntlets family are totally the best thing in that little town, Ewe, and I'm super glad to have gotten to see them.


(although, the $15 Carhart hoodie that I bought in the next town was pretty awesome at the time...)