Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Covet this!

A while ago, I posted about a recipe out of my grandma's cookbook .

Well, I ran across some more grandma cookbooks, in better shape, with none of the sentimental attachments. If anyone's interested, cough*gauntlets*cough, I could ship one or both out in something sort of resembling a hurry.

Both are 1950 editions, both in pristine condition. Betty wrote her name in them, in pencil, because I guess that's what you did in 1950 when you had a cookbook you were never going to use. ;)





2 comments:

Sue said...

I have the red one - my Mom's - well used! I like it better in some ways that my 1970s version.

MooreMama said...

Sue - the one that I have (in very much NOT pristine condition) was my Grandma's. It's got newspaper clippings between the pages and her handwritten notes throughout. I love it.
These came from the lady that babysits my kids. I think that she got them very early in her first marriage and put them on a shelf somewhere. :) She doesn't do much cooking from recipes.