Saturday, August 16, 2008

Progress!

No pictures on this one. (you can thank me in a minute.)
We had an appointment on Thursday (35w, 1d) which was not only the first non-ultrasound appointment, it was the first internal exam appointment. (next one's at 38-ish weeks, if we make it that long.)
Anyway, he told us that I am (drumroll, please!) 50% effaced, beginning to dialate, and Baby's head is engaged. He also assumed that I've been contracting, but if I am, I'm not recognising it. I was really afraid that I'd be hanging out at 40 weeks with no signs of impending labor. Especially given my OB's policy of not letting anyone (especially "high risk" patients) go over 41 weeks. And, while maybe it wouldn't be the end of the world, I'd kinda like to see what I can do without the benefit of Poticin.
Blood pressure is inching up, but still acceptable. The feettops are still a concern, but, on their own, not a gigantic one. Nevertheless, he "suggested" that I go on ahead and start my maternity leave in a week or so. Whoo-Hoo!

No comments: