Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Very Important Updates

1) Linus is now Buster, and has a new home. Lucy misses him terribly.

2) My baby decided yesterday that she'll eat from a bottle. In fact, I left 18 ozs. of milk with them yesterday, figuring that there'd be some leftover to freeze, and she ate it all except for maybe 2 ozs. The babysitters are much less stressed out and she doesn't have to be all bottle all the time, as I had feared - she'll take it from them and I can still breastfeed when she's with me.

3) I'm surviving working mommyhood. I remembered that I'm good at my job and I like it. So much better than having to go to a job that one hates....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on going back to work! It gets easier. . .once they go to preschool! hehehe

I was a more balanced person working PT, but I spent the first 2.5 years second guessing every little issue with the daycare. I hope I don't do that with baby #2, but I think it had more to do with the fact that they cannot communicate how their day was.

Good luck!

MooreMama said...

I'm very thankful that I DON'T worry about much while she's at daycare. They understand my Type A Neuroses and don't complain when I call three times a day (usually while I'm pumping!) and give me updates with the perfect amount of detail. They also tell me that she did just what I said she would and they did just what I said they should and everything worked out hunkey-dorey.

The fact that she's usually sitting on "her Papaw"'s lap, smiling and talking and cooing when I go to pick her up helps a lot, too.

I WISH I could find something part time around here that paid close to my hourly wage. But I'd wind up working half the hours for a quarter of the pay....