Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Peek A Boo, and More Milk, too!

Callie was at home with various Aunties and a Grammy for the first part of last week because Tommy (one of her babysitters) was sick, then I had a 4 day weekend. So she went back to Tommy and Betty's yesterday, aftera bit of a vacation.

I think that she was glad to be back in her regular routine (like her Mama that way!) because she was in a fabulous mood last night.

I was holding her in the kitchen, talking to her Daddy, when she started squealing at him and ducking her head into my shoulder. When he smiled back at her, the game was on.

Squeal! Smile! Duck! (lather, rinse, repeat.)


Side note: I'm not producing quite enough milk to keep up with her, so I've been blowing through my freezer stash, while doing everything I can think of to up my supply: extra pumping, Reglan, drinking so much water I think I'm going to float away... this morning, I broke down and sent a can of formula to the babysitter's with her, which she refused. BUT! I broke records with both at-work pumping sessions today, so there's hope! I'm still not quite there yet, but things are looking up. Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Look up Fenugreek and see what you think about it. It really worked for me when I started back to work. I had similar issues. . .daughter's increased demand, back to work and scheduling pumping. What really worked was the fenugreek and increase pumping. I also kept infant pics of my daughter closeby while pumping.

Actually, who know's what worked when you look at my combo! :-)

Good luck!

MooreMama said...

My mom brought me some fenugreek and some mother's milk tea yesterday... I'll let you know how it goes!

Who ARE you, anyway?!?