Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Monday

sucked.*

First, I had a bad attitude, which meant that I was less than my usual lovable self, and Callie fed off of it, which meant that she was less than her usual lovable self.  And since I was not very patient, and she was less than lovable, naps were a struggle.  And she (happily) played very loudly.  All day.  Keeping her sister awake.  Which made Katie less than lovable.  And (loudly) cranky.

So, by dinnertime, we were all tired and cranky and short-fused.

But both girls went to bed easily, within a couple of minutes of each other.  And then, I found this:

Courtesy of the owner of a red vehicle in the Ross parking lot who was apparently caught in that one super strong gust of wind on an otherwise windless day (in Oklahoma, I know) and was either so busy helping a elderly grandmother into the car that they didn't notice or were called away on a Very Important Emergency and forgot to leave their insurance information.

Then, my sewing machine needle broke.  In 6 years of owning this machine, I have never broken a needle.  I don't have any spares.


* It's just now Wednesday and I'm almost over the trauma.  A road trip, some sewing, and two very cuddly, lovable girls have helped immensely.

5 comments:

Sue said...

When my boys were small and I'd had bad day (usually meaning 2 very naughty little boys), I'd go watch them sleep - and wonder how 2 such angelic looking children could be such monsters! Just watching them sleep calmed me down and reminded me to count my blessings. I would even take pictures! The next day was almost always better. They are now grown and one is about to have his first child. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

MooreMama said...

It is, Sue. And they really are super kids. I giggled at your idea of watching them sleep and taking pictures. I did just that! post to follow, just for you. :)

Sue said...

And those are pictures you will really treasure when they are grown. My boys are now 28 and 31 - weren't they your girls' ages about 2 years ago?! There will still be "those" days. Another thing that helped me, especially after going through cancer with the younger boy, was a quote I read somewhere, "Thank God for children who are healthy enough to drive you nuts." I still think about that from time to time.

MooreMama said...

Sue - Have you been reading me long? I touched on my friend's little boy's situation in a couple of posts. He was born 6 weeks after Callie and, at 9 months old (last August), he was diagnosed with a Rhabdoid tumor. He fought a very hard battle and beat most of the odds, but died in March. I absolutely know what a blessing my heathy girls are, but Cash's legacy is/was a not-so-gentle nudge to keep it a little more on the front of my brain.

Sue said...

I think I started reading your blog about that time - I do remember reading it. We used to sit in the waiting room at the clinic and count our blessings. In spite of a 19 month old with cancer, he was expected to recover (#1!), his father had a job (and it paid well), I was able to stay home with the boys, and we had good insurance.