Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Six Month Pictures and Stats

It never fails to crack me up when I go in and she's found some crazy way to sleep...

Sitting up in her crib. She's all over the thing - she can turn on the little kick piano at the end, she can get anywhere there is a toy, pick it up, and take it wherever she wants. :)

We started solids last week. Mama didn't think that rice cereal sounded very yummy, so we started with single grain oatmeal. Sometimes, it's a "hit", sometimes, it's a "miss"...
We tried avacados tonight.
They made a big green mess.
I have sweet potatoes and peas to bake/steam and puree for her next foods. If anyone has any recommendations for making babyfood, I sure welcome them. :)

I think this is the cutest dress EVER. It's a Ralph Lauren, and I NEVER would have spent the full price on it, but it was on sale, and Callie got a gift card for Christmas, so...
We had her Six Month Well Baby Check Up and Shots today. Dr Simon is suitably impressed that she is sitting up well, trying to crawl, and passing things from one hand to the other. He also thinks that she has a great personality and likes that she doesn't seem to complain much - even for shots.
Callie is 15.7 lbs and 25.75 inches long. Her head circumfrence is 17 inches.
She's still hanging out on the 50/50 growth curve.

8 comments:

Ewe said...

The worst stains for me are bananas and avacados. Sometimes I feed my babies in just a diaper when they just begin eating solids because I don't want to ruin any more baby clothes.
I feed lots of avacados, sweet potatoes, and bananas to them when they first begin solids.
I liked Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron.
I found your blog through CSPP.

MooreMama said...

I recognise you, Ewe. I've perused your blog, too... :)

Bananas stain?

Thanks for the book recommendation!

Untamed Shrew said...

That pic of her sleeping with her foot in hand made me laugh! I've never seen a baby do that!

My kids would never take rice cereal straight. I always had to mix it with something or go to oatmeal. My life will get so much easier when she can eat sweet potato veggie puffs and handle a sippy cup. It's the Sunday morning treat. I haven't worn a dress in almost 5 months.

Untamed Shrew said...

PS. If you don't get to a banana stain right away, it will turn black and I find it's impossible to get out.

MooreMama said...

Joy - She generally likes the oatmeal. Tonight, she ate the whole bowl and still nursed for a long time. :)
and - isn't the foot thing funny? Tonight, she's already wiggled herself sideways and has her arm up over her face, drama-queen style.

Dakotapam said...

I think the dress is lovely. My best eater (read, never complains about my cooking) was given whatever we ate, mooshed up on a plate in his high chair...if he could get it to his mouth, it was his. I had two others to feed at the same time and trying to teach them manners, so the baby had to fend for himself. his favorite were frozen peas and carrots cooked for a few minutes in the microwave. Never did much in the way of baby food, though I did puree and freeze baby food cubes for the first...they were never the right consistency. If Callie can do a pincer grasp, she can work on a lot herself...and will love the textures!

Dakotapam said...

Ooooh, I forgot...Owen would eat anything (read spinach puree) if it was mixed in yo-baby whole milk vanilla yogurt...my kids still go through a lot of yogurt, it is like pudding or ice cream to them...odd ducks they are!

p.s. apples stain really badly as well...who knew?

MooreMama said...

Thanks for visiting, Pam!
yo-baby whole milk vanilla yogurt - I'll have to look for that!

She can do a pincer grasp (well, the ped was impressed by her finger skills, anyway!) I think that we will not be doing the cereal much longer and head for modified table foods soon... she's figuring out this whole "food-that-doesn't-come-from-mama" thing pretty quickly.

I have a never-used food processor on the way from my MIL's house to do some pureed and frozen baby food cubes for a little while at least. :)